Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Day 5

Today was a pretty good day. Perhaps it was because I only went to work for 2 hours because Ainslea had a half day, despite the nonsensical reason for driving all the way to hyannis to check my work email and then turn around and race back to catch the bus Or maybe it was because Ainslea and I were able to enjoy quality time together at the FREE scarecrow story hike at Oakcrest Cove. It was cute, she could read the story page at each marker as we walked through a wooded trail by one of the local ponds. Each stop had a body part to a scarecrow that was later put together and colored and used to torment her sister when we got home. Her new best friend is the daughter of the Rec Dept Director so Olivia was there to go through the trail with us and made it fun for Ainslea too. FOrtunately Im not so naive in thinking that my daughter needs to be alone with me 1-1 in order to have fun. It was just nice for her to be the center of attention, and that is important to me to make sure we have that every once in a while with Lorelei still at daycare. I suppose we will make it a habit on half days!!

But then everything in our normal routine was pushed up earlier so all 3 of us were bathed and in our pajamas by 730 which was nice. Although I still cant bring myself to turn the heat on downstairs for me, so I'm freezing while they are all warm and toasty upstairs. But thats what sweatshirts and socks were created for. I have an electric blanket that does the trick now that I don't have a personal bed warmer lying next to me (hogging the blankets). THe quarantined cat has been medicated, and has given up on head butting the basement door for the evening i hope. I've contacted all our creditors about the Servicemen Credit Relief Act (Funny that they've changed that from SOldiers and Sailors Act from only 5 years ago)

Also in the news is that one of my close friends has just discovered that she is pregnant which is good news for her, but bad news for me as I'm now out a drinking buddy!! Where is the support I ask you???? Poor girl wasn't planning to be pregnant again so soon, and there is talks about her husbands job moving them before the baby will be born (although, maybe I can sell her on becoming a geographic bachelorette before then)hmmmmmm. I'm happy for them as they are already good parents. It will be another person I can lend my helping hand to take my mind off of other things.

No comments: