Funny how things work out.....I'm not sure what i did to piss off mother nature, but the weekend that i was looking forward to, got completely thwarted due to a pisser of an east coast ice storm. BOth Pam and Barry are isolated in their respective towns with downed power lines, trees blocking roads and no power and populations to provide emergency shelters for. Soooooooo, my weekend of freedom is no more. I'm not mad at them, there is certainly nothing they could have done about the situation. Even if they weren't in charge of the town, they wouldn't have been able to leave. I did offer refuge here on sunny glorious cape cod, but as of yet, no visitors.
I was able to finish my first build-a-bear cake for Christa's graduation from nursing school.
And even though Ainslea said my nurse bear should have been white, Christa wants to be an OR nurse so I thought blue scrubs and surgical hat were appropriate. So instead of my night out, i took the girls up to Boston with me to have a brief chinese food dinner with her family and friends, and then we drove home again. It wasn't the night i had envisioned, but the girls were troopers and, at the end of the day it was nice to end up in my own bed. Its sad to say, but i am turning into more of a homebody.
And to add to that, my friend from NJ who was supposed to be returning (without child) to finish the weekend where they left early, ended up having to stay home for a family emergency...so that part of the weekend has also changed. However, the new me, has been able to take the good out of the bad here and be happy that there was no added stress in cleaning up after my bear cake debacle, making up an extra bed and doing half the things on my list before we left for Boston because there was no one coming to stay afterall.
SO in the end, despite not being able to go shopping by myself this weekend, and enjoying a good meal out and drinks, i think its going to turn into a more relaxed weekend. If i can keep the kids occupied then everything else will fall iinto place. I've learned my lesson from this week...take some time out to do "nothing" and the stress level subsides twofold. If the routine gets slightly altered, so be it. I do not have the wand to fix it, so I just have to roll with it. And i do believe that if i'm less stressed, the yelling at ainslea might decrease exponentially too. Here's to hoping!
We;re off to a cookie swap party today that i didn't think we wold go to when the girls were going ot be away, and i don't have to feel guilty about not taking them to all the "magical breakfast with santas" happening all over town because i didn't think they were going to be here! Tomorrow a yankee swap party at Margo's palace and thats about it!!!
PS...as you can see I did finally upload a picture with success, so i'm going to go back and try to add other relevant ones to the earlier posts over the course of this weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment