Saturday, November 1, 2008

Day 7- HAPPY HALLOWEEN

So its Halloween, and I promise this weekend I will learn how to add photos to our blog (first i must download them) I was Halloween Elmo (fortunately no photographic evidence of this lame excuse for a costume) Lorelei was Winnie the Pooh, and AInslea was Sharpei (not the dog) but a main character in High School Musical!!!

FOr some reason this year, the school did not allow kids to come to school in costume, and there was no parade, and from the sounds of it there was very little in the way of halloween party treats at school too. I'm not considerably upset by that, but it seems like a waste of money to only wear your costume around the neighborhood, and not have a chance to wear it to school to show to all your friends who may not live near you!! Oh well, I guess budget cuts affect everyone!

Liz came down to join in the merriment of tiny little creatures dressed up and went trick-or-treating with Laura and her kids, Kathy and her kids, and us. The kids made out like bandits, all of them complaining their buckets were overflowing, the lady in the valley made cookies again and we made a pitstop at Leif & Laura's house for mango martinis (orange for halloween?)

THen Liz and I ventured into the neighbor's annual Blood House. I"ve never been in, Travis used to go while i'd stay out with the kids. SO this year hands tightly clenched, we traversed our way through the gore and darkness. Quite impressive to be honest. THis man spends two or three days erecting his structure and has at least 100 creatures, bloody heads, glowing goblins and enlists his teenagers to help jump out at you in various locations, one with a chainsaw!! At the end their yard is turned into a graveyard, and his wife is there with the full sized candy bars!! WOOHOO

No comments: